The general condition of your dog’s skin and coat is a good indicator of his health. Looking for the best veterinary services in Kenya.? At The Noble Veterinary Surgeons, we are committed to helping you keep your dog coat healthy. A healthy dog’s coat should be supple and clear and smooth but not greasy, coarse, or even flaky.
There is a different type of hair coat that a dog might have. Some breeds have hair that grows continuously and does not even shed. This type of breeds requires regular visits to a doggy salon for that shampoo and cut to keep their coat healthy and clean. Other breeds have very thick and long hair coats with both an outer coat of guard hair and an underlying coat of fine hair that serves as an insulator. These types of breeds always shed their undercoat twice per year. The undercoat falls in clumps. For short-haired breeds they lack a distinctive undercoat therefore, they shed hair in low levels all year round.
For the best veterinary services in Nairobi on keeping your dog coat healthy, you can count on The Noble Veterinary Surgeons. There are ways in which you can keep your dog’s coat looking groomed and healthy which are;
- Bathing your dog’s coat regularly; this means maybe once or twice a month if your dog spends most times indoors because if you then overdo the bathing it will damage the dog’s coat by shedding of the natural oils that are on the dogs’ coat.
- Brushing your dog; this should be done every few days with a brush that suits your dogs’ breed.
- A dog should be provided with quality food to keep its coat healthy and give it a glow.
- Protect your dog against parasites; For example, ticks and fleas that are a danger to a dog’s coat.
- Try an oatmeal bath; this soothes your dog’s skin maintains the coat’s glow and helps especially for the dogs that are always scratching themselves may be from allergies or even after being bitten by parasites.
- Use coconut oil; you can add a teaspoon of coconut oil to their food once a day. This helps in moisturizing the dog’s coat and make it shinier and look healthier.
- Talk to your vet; For affordable and best vet services you can talk or visit The Noble Veterinary Surgeons for questions about grooming and much more.